Sunday, January 30, 2011

What a beautiful weekend!

Not only was the weather amazing, but my child was (mostly) an angel! 
I ran Sat & Sun, but I didn't make it to the gym at all.  I suppose all the climbing & chasing my child around the park is about what the gym would've done for me anyway, right?  hehe  Today the pace of my run was really slow, BUT, I ran 10 minutes straight, which was a first for me!  I usually run about 5 minutes, then walk 2-3 minutes, then run 5 minutes, etc.  I somehow pushed myself to run 10 minutes straight, and I was pretty sure I would die at the end.  I was also pretty sure that the app had crashed on my phone & I was running way longer than 10 minutes.  :p  Funny how long 10 minutes can feel sometimes!
I keep wanting to say I suck at running, then I remember that for the past 30+ years I have done everything in my power to avoid running.  With that in mind, I'm doing great.  I can't expect to be marathon material after a few weeks, right?  ;)  Besides, I have no interest in a marathon.  Now, triathlons interest me...

No comments: