Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I did it!

Okay, I can't say it's some huge accomplishment to most people [runners], BUT, I ran 1/2 mile straight w/out stopping.  The strong-arm, Denya, had to 1/2 mile straight as her "easy" day (man, that means I REALLY suck), and she told me I could do it...  I, of course, told her I couldn't.  I truly didn't buy the notion that I could run 1/2 mile straight 'cause I've never run more than 2 minutes straight (which probably equates to just under 1/4 mile). I was wrong though - I did it!  AND, after she left, I ran another 1/2 mile (or close to it, I'm not positive on the distance) straight by myself.  Woohoo!!  I may actually be able to do a 5K one day.  I really may.
I hoped to run a bit today too, but I'm not feeling so hot, so I decided to take the day off (and will be headed to bed very soon).  Tomorrow, assuming I feel at least 50% better, I will hit the gym for cardio & weights.  Yay.  :p

1 comment:

Mrs. Bianca said...

That is fantastic! Congratulations!!! You'll be there before you know it!