Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lullaby & Goodnight

I finally decided on a work out plan schedule!  Tues/Fri/Sat (& some Sun) nights at the gym.  Then, I'll run whatever 3 days my running partner & I can work out (not consecutively though, at least 1 day in between each run).  I sooooo miss my 3:30am workouts at the gym, but my non-sleeping child just won't allow them, so this is the plan I can work with.  Still not ideal, but you have to work with what you're given, right?
After deciding on my plan yesterday, I intended to put Kasen to sleep & then head to the gym.  I figured I'd be there by 9 & I'd be back home by 10:30, do my chores, then get some sleep myself.  Welllllll, that didn't happen.  None of it.  Well, other than "get some sleep myself" part.
You see, we finally figured out that if we lay down with Kasen, he will go to sleep & not get out of our bed 5,000,000 times.  Our bed?  Yes, our bed.  We also recently figured out that if he sleeps in our bed, he sleeps through the night.  I've got no beef with the family bed, none at all.  I figure once he starts school he'll want to be in his own bed, for fear of ridicule from his fellow classmates (insert eye roll).  He may be back in his bed before then even - who knows.  For now, him being in our bed = a full night of sleep for everyone, so who really cares?  I value my sleep more than I value a bed with no kid in it.  Besides, I was pretty sad when we had to kick him out of our bed before (he is a crazy restless sleeper, as am I, and it just didn't work anymore). 
Back to the story at hand though...  Around 8 last night, we all laid down to get Kasen to sleep.  ...around 11 I woke up.  doh!  I had no desire to drive to the gym at 11pm on a Saturday night (especially with the rain coming in).  So, my great plan has hit a bump before it even started.  Such is life.
I do have a plan now, and that's the biggest step I think.  I guess getting back to my workouts starts on Tuesday.  (I'm actually pretty excited about it too!)  Meanwhile, I'm gonna go run around in the snow & enjoy my 3 day weekend 'cause there's no way this momma is gonna be driving on ice to get to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mrs. Bianca said...

Having a plan is good! Keep it up. When I don't have the desire to drive to the gym, I just do push-ups, sit-ups, and lunges. We recently bought a Kinect, so I'll do that too. Also, if you are on Facebook, post your workouts and have an accountability partner who will "like" it if you do or send you a note if you haven't posted in a while.