Sunday, November 21, 2010

I've set some goals

It's week 2 of my C25K program.  I have to say, the first day of both weeks has SUCKED.  Last week though, day 2 was easier & day 3 was a breeze, so, here's hoping...  Like my wonderful running partner, Denya, said - before last week I didn't run at all, now I can run multiple 1.5 minute stretches.  It might seem small & insignificant, compared to "real" runner, but compared to the person I was 2 weeks ago, it's huge!
So, my goals.  I have a physical & financial goal.  They're both going to "expire" in June.  Hopefully. 
My physical goal is to be "in shape" by June.  I hope to surpass the mini goal of running a 5k long before June.  Maybe I can do a 10k by June.  Ultimately though, I want to be at my goal weight/size, with my blood pressure completely stabilized & my overall health to be great.
My financial goal is to be "debt free but the house" (as Dave Ramsey would say).  We did an amazing, but difficult, Year Without in 2009 & then went a little crazy (by our standards, not most Americans' standards, mind you).  We did acquire some new debt when we ought my car (that I HAD to have you know), but that was the only new debt.  We do still have my college loans though, and those have to go!
So, June 2011 will be a great month...  or so I hope.
Short term though, let's make it through week 2 of the C25K program!  ;)

1 comment:

Mrs. Bianca said...

Great goals to have. As far as the running portion, June is when racing season is kicking off, so there will be lots of opportunities for races and such! I wasn't much of a runner until after I had my first baby. I'm scared at the thought of doing another marathon to lose the weight for this next baby I'm going to have. Although, the endorphin high after a race is totally worth it!