Sunday, March 20, 2011

Will I EVER get there??

I know I should be proud that I've come as far as I have in this amount of time, but I'm really just frustrated that I haven't done better.  I thought by now I'd AT LEAST be running a 5K with no problem, but I can't even do 2 miles straight (well, other than ONCE).  I usually do around 2 miles when I'm out, but I always have to walk some of it.  I try to only let myself walk in 30 second - 1 minute increments for the most part, but some days it takes 5 or 6 of those to make it through the 2 miles.  I am so annoyed that I can't do it.  Usually, when I get annoyed at my inability to do something, I start rocking it.  It's not working that way for me & running though, which makes me even more annoyed/frustrated/pissed off/disappointed.  I truly can only run what I can run, there's this brick wall in my way.  How do I break it down?  Is it a mental thing or is my body just truly not accustomed to this whole running thing yet?  I am in awe of those of you that can get out & run 5 miles, 10 miles, or even more.  HOW do you do that?  Tell me a secret - do you have any walking stretched in there, or do you truly run it all?  sigh  I'm not giving up, but by-golly, I'm mad!  Work legs, work!  Work lungs, work!  Work heart, work!  Quit working brain, quit working!  :p
I've updated my other tabs at the top.  Eh on the mileage, I don't see where I'm improving.   Inspections...  HOW am I getting fatter?  I'm going back to the Progresso diet (yes, it DOES work!), back to 3 times a week (at least) at the gym, plus the running & hopefully I'll make some improvements.  I now have a full 20#s to lose.  :(

1 comment:

Mrs. Bianca said...

You will, I promise! Just keep pushing through and instead of focusing on the negative points, look to see all of the great things you are able to do. There are actually several marathon training programs where you are required to run/walk. I have actually seen these programs being used in races and they are quite effective!

Also, it took me 2 miles to push through to get to where I could comfortably run the 5 miles. Those first two miles were brutal, putting my lungs, legs, and brain in total shock. I did everything I could to distract myself during that time. Before I knew it, things felt right, but I hate that it requires a near 2 mile warm-up to get to that point.

You aren't alone!