Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm all wet, like a hamburger.

Yep, my darling child really told me that.  After my run Sunday, I got home & collapsed on the [cold] tile floor of the entryway.  He was quite concerned about me.  Really, I think he was just trying to get his hands on my Garmin.  He is ALL about that watch - only because I've told him not to touch it, no doubt.  Anyway, as I stood up to go get a drink, he told me "Mommy, you're all sweaty."  Followed by:  "You feel like a hamburger 'cause you're all wet".  For the record, I have NO idea what kind of burgers he's been eating!

I'm trying to love running, but the passion isn't coming easy.  I DO love how I feel after I recover from a run, and I guess that's all that most runners ever really love (right???).  The thoughts before a run - don't love 'em.  The process of actually running - don't love it.  The immediate after-effects of running - don't love 'em.  Later though, much later, I do appreciate how I feel & look forward to that feeling again.  If only I didn't have to run to acheive that feeling!!

The uber-wonderful Lesley at Racing It Off wrote me up a little schedule to get me to a half marathon by d-day (September 25th).  The thing is, I hate schedules 'cause my life is so hectic & I never know what's coming day-to-day.  However, having a schedule has forced me to get out there 4 days a week & run my X amount of miles, no excuses.  I ran all 4 of my runs last week & I've already conquered my long run this week.  So, yay me!  Also, I've been on a 1,200 calorie diet for just over a week now & I'm down 3#s already!  Double (or would that be triple??) yay me!

No comments: